Protectors help keep your home cleaner, fresher, brighter,.. longer.
Did you know that almost all mid grade carpeting and above come from the factory with protector already applied? Over time the factory coated protector wears off for a variety of reasons. Time, foot traffic, and rinsing of the carpeting. Improper cleaning or cleaning using solutions with a high pH can really strip the protector out at accelerated rate. Thus leaving you without the protective barrier between the carpet and dirt, spills, stains.
Carpets can ugly out before they wear out if not properly protected. The difference between a stain and a spot is the stain is permanent and a spot can be removed. Think of spills and spots like a car accident. Nobody intended it to happen but it did. So thank god nobody was hurt and we have insurance. Spots and spills can happen at any time. We always take off our shoes, except that one time - we were in a hurry and didn’t see the oil in the driveway. We never eat in there but when Aunt Martha came over she had spaghetti in the family room. Aunt Martha doesn’t hate you but she still spilled right in the middle of the family room where everyone can see it! Scotchgard doesn’t make your carpet bullet proof but it can be the difference between a spot and a stain.
Regular cleaning and renewal of scotchgard protection are the keys to keeping your carpeting looking it’s best and extending the service life of your carpeting.
5 Reasons to Always Get Carpet Protector
1. Reduces permanent stains. A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn’t repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Being able to remove spots and spills more effectively, you can avoid permanent staining.
2. Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively.
3. Make spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use. The less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
4. Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
5. Helps avoid costly service calls. Although you want to call us out to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by removing the spot yourself.
Carpet and Fabric Protector Notice
Unfortunately there is probably as much confusion in the carpet cleaning industry about carpet protectors as there is about cleaning. Uneducated, uninformed, and sometimes downright unscrupulous carpet cleaners cause a great deal of confusion by giving out false information or intentionally misrepresenting the product.
A nylon stain-resist carpet is made with two protective properties: The first is an acid dye blocker that is basically a clear dye that fills the extra dye sites in a fiber. This helps to keep “foreign” dyes (such as red dye in a beverage) from penetrating the carpet fiber. The second property is called a “fluorochemical”. It is commonly known as 3M Scotchgard ® or DuPont Teflon ®. This treatment helps keep spillage from actually getting to the acid dye blocker, but its biggest job is to resist dry soil.
By resisting dry soil, less soil bonds to the carpet, therefore being picked up by your vacuum or cleaning. Making sure that you have a sufficient amount of protector on your carpet will help keep the soil from bonding to the carpet. Once it bonds to the carpet, it acts like sandpaper on your traffic area. Once the traffic area yarns are broken down, there is no way to bring them back to their original state.
2 primary ways that factory protector is removed from a carpet…
1. Regular foot traffic. Over a period of 6 months to 2 years depending on the traffic, a significant amount of protector can be removed from your traffic areas and needs to be reapplied.
2. High alkaline cleaner. Many cleaners use harsh chemicals on the carpet that will strip it’s factory protection. If you have had your carpet cleaned in the past, there is a good chance the cleaner that removed a significant amount of protector. It needs to be reapplied.
4 Mistakes Other Cleaners Make In Applying Protector
1. Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the warranty of the carpet. Our Company uses only the highest quality, recommended protectors.
2. Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
3. Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying it doesn’t allow for complete penetration on the carpet yarns. Over applying it causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our Company technicians are diligently trained for proper application.
4. Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. Our Company thoroughly grooms the protector into the carpet pile
Call for a free estimate!
8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mon Thru Fri
8:00 am - 2:00 pm Sat
Dunne Cleaning Specialists Inc.
3050 S. 25th Ave
Broadview - IL - 60155